XV-CH01 Pro Car Training Simulator
Our product with the number XV-CH01 is a driving training simulator than can be used with one or three monitors. The equipment was made out of original vehicle pieces from the brand Volkswagen.
The steering wheel, gear, signal switch, wiper arm, pedals, handbrake, adjustable seat, seatbelt and dashboard of the simulator consist of real vehicle equipment. You can see all kinds of warning lights such as speed indicator, tachometer, signals, emergency flasher system, seat belt warning light, handbrake warning light, engine warning light, battery warning light, oil warning light, and the signal for far beams on the dashboard. This equipment is working together with an integrated software system.
Our warning lights are not on the monitor but on the dashboard which is working with an analog system. Every piece of hardware on the sımulator can be controlled via the simulation software. Thus the vehicle equipment can be tracked electronically.
Our simulation software has been built on real vehicle physics. The car that has been used for the software is a VW Polo. The engine power, torque curves, gear ranges, damping values, braking values, weight and fuel consumption data, clutch engagement range, engine friction and inertia values and the steering wheel sensitivity have been processed one-to-one onto the software. If you like you can change these values to introduce your vehicle to the system.
Our software has been constructed for an easy and practical use. After the driver applicant entered his applicant number, he can choose a scenario of his liking (urban, intercity, highway, hill start training, park training, dense and less dense traffic scenarios, four season weather conditions and day-night conditions) between 5 and 50 minutes.
We have scenarios that measure the perception and reflexes of the driver applicant. The driver applicant is informed about traffic rules in voice and text in form of images and audio during the training. While your driver applicant continues to drive in these scenarios, the assessment system in the simulation software will process the evaluation criteria in the background, grade the driver applicant with a point system and record these evaluations.
These recorded evaluations are saved onto the system and can be printed for additional use. The system also creates analyses and visualizations from the recorded data with which you can view graphical reports about your driver applicant.
The graphical view of the analyzed data will help you to gain new point of views about the training process of the driver applicant and supports you to decide on the methods for further training.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
The XV-CH01 driving training simulator consists of two basic elements; the simulation software and equipment.
2.1. DRIVING TRAINING SIMULATOR EQUIPMENT
The XV-CH01 simulator equipment consists of real vehicle parts found in actual vehicles in order for the person to learn proper driving. Current features of the simulator:
- Simulator Cabin
- The simulator has a separated compartment that contains actual vehicle controls.
- The vehicle controls in the cabin are in the actual places and positions of a real vehicle.
- An LED and sound system is available in the cabin in order to integrate the user with the simulation environment.
- Vehicle cockpit
- Contains the elements that control real vehicle driving (steering).
- The actual vehicle equipment in the cockpit is in the actual place and position of a real vehicle.
- Steering wheel and car horn.
- The steering wheel is an original of the brand VW. An integrated VW brand airbag is available in the steering wheel.
- The number of turns of the steering wheel corresponds to the number of a real one.
- A horn is available on the steering wheel.
- The steering wheel hardness is the same as of one of a real vehicle.
- When the steering wheel is turned or released it automatically comes to the middle like it is in real vehicles. Real vehicle parts were used for this system.
- While the speed increases during the simulation training, the user loses control over the steering wheel. The vehicle can be controlled in a stable manner.
- A real vehicle gear has been used.
- It is compatible with a clutch gear system. As it is in real vehicles, the gear does only change if the clutch is pressed.
- Putting the car in neutral can be clearly felt by the trainee.
- Shifts happen the same as in a real vehicle.
- Real pedals have been used for the
- brake, accelerator and clutch pedals
- The hardness of the pedals corresponds to pedals of a real vehicle. The hardness of the brake, accelerator and clutch pedals can be controlled with balancing pistons.
- The clutch engagement range can be adjusted via the software.
- The accelerator sensitivity can be adjusted via the software.
- The brake sensitivity can be adjusted via the software.
- Adjustable driver's seat.
- The driver's seat is one that is used in actual vehicles.
- The driver's seat can be adjusted back and forth.
- The back part of the seat can be adjusted.
- The trainee takes a normal driving position when seated in the driver's seat. The seating position is not a in the form of a racing car.
- There is a neck rest on top of the seat correspondent to real vehicles.
- Signal switch for left and right signal.
- The signal switches are from the brand VW.
- In order to simulate a real car the signal switch is placed one-to-one on the left side together with the steering wheel.
- After the signal switch has been used it returns to its original position as soon as the steering wheel has been turned.
- After the right signal has been given, the right signal light is blinking on the dashboard.
- After the left signal has been given, the left signal light is blinking on the dashboard.
- Beam on/off switch
- Real vehicle controls of the brand VW have been used for the beam on/off switch.
- There is an on/off switch for the parking light.
- There is an on/off switch for the dipped beam.
- There is a long beam on/off switch integrated in the signal switch.
- There is a headlamp flasher feature integrated in the signal switch.
- As soon as the dipped beams are activated, the dipped beam light turns on the dashboard.
- As soon as the far beams are activated, the far beam light turns on the dashboard.
- Wiper arm
- Real wiper arms of the brand VW have been used for the vehicle controls.
- The wiper arm on the simulator is the exact same as of a real vehicle. The wiper arm is on the right connected to the steering wheel.
- The wiper arm has different stages of speed like it is in real vehicles.
- When the wiper arm is pulled into only one direction it activated automatic wiping and the other directions regulate the speed.
- The speed stages consist of slow, normal and fast.
- The automatic wiping happens on the fast speed level.
- Ignition key and ignition slot
- Real vehicle controls of the brand VW have been used for the ignition key and ignition slot.
- The options closed, open and self-starter are available on the ignition slot.
- When the ignition key is brought to the self-starter position as soon as the ignition key is turned, it will return to the normal position as soon as the key is being released.
- As soon as the ignition key is turned, the indicators on the dashboard light up.
- The vehicle key of the driving training simulator is of the same size as of a real VW ignition key.
- Seat belt
- A real seat belt has been used.
- The seat belt begins on the upper part of the left shoulder, encloses the waist and breast area and can be put into the seatbelt port the same way as it is with real seatbelts.
- If the seatbelt is not fastened the warning light on the dashboard lights up.
- A real handbrake has been used.
- Like it is in real vehicles, the handbrake is located behind the gear and is within easy reach for the right hand.
- The warning light turns on as soon as the handbrake is used.
- A real vehicle dashboard.
- For the dashboard a real dashboard of the brand VW has been used.
- Indicators are working in line with the simulation software.
- The indicators are physically mounted to the vehicle cockpit.
- A speedometer is available on the dashboard.
- A tachometer is available on the dashboard.
- Right/left signal indicators are available on the dashboard.
- Dipped/long beam indicators are available on the dashboard.
- A handbrake warning light is available on the dashboard.
- A seatbelt warning light is available on the dashboard.
- An emergency flasher system warning light is available on the dashboard.
- A battery warning light is available on the dashboard.
- An engine warning light is available on the dashboard.
- An oil warning light is available on the dashboard.
- A tachometer is available on the dashboard.
- Emergency Flasher System
- Is a real vehicle part.
- It is located on the right upper part of the cockpit.
- As soon as the emergency flasher system is activated, the warning lights will blink in a synchronous manner just like in real cars.
- Visual System
- The simulation monitor is a 32’’ or 40’’ LED monitor.
- It is possible to install additional 2x 40’’ or 2x32’’ or 2x19’’ monitors to expand the angle.
- To perceive the sounds of the simulation system, a sound system has been installed. The creation of an isolated atmosphere can be created by adding headphones.
2.2. DRIVING TRAINING SIMULATOR SOFTWARE
The simulation software has been developed to teach people the use of a vehicle and traffic rules. The following basic items are included in the simulator's software.
- Car physics
- Physical behavior of the vehicle used in the simulator software is correspondent with a real car.
- The stopping distance is the same as of a real vehicle.
- The stopping distance during snowy and rainy weather or on slippery floors vary, depending on ambient friction, when compared with normal weather.
- The yaw angle on twisty roads is, depending on the speed of the vehicle, correspondent with real cars.
- During uphill and downhill training the vehicle can back away.
- Vehicle dynamics
- Gear ranges of the vehicle used in the simulator software is correspondent with a real car.
- The engine power and speeding used in the software is the same as of a real car.
- The torque value of the vehicle used in the simulator software is correspondent with a real car.
- The break and suspension values used in the software is the same as of a real car.
- Gear ranges, speeding and breaking values of a car, truck, bus and tow truck can be customized according to simulation environment and user.
- The vehicle can sway according to the road friction. Because the grip of the tires to the road decrease during snowy and rainy weather, the vehicle is more likely to slide. Trainees can practice possible situations like this via the simulation software.
- The basic data about the vehicle during the simulation training (horsepower, gear ranges, torque information, suspension data, tires, front / rear / four wheel drive) can be configured via the software.
- The current traffic was simulated in the software. The vehicles and pedestrians are behaving within the traffic rules.
- The traffic lights turn on and off like in real life. Traffic lights show red, yellow and green indicators in predetermined time intervals.
- Traffic signs and road markers used in Turkey are present in the software.
- All traffic signs and markers on the software are placed into the scenarios according to traffic rules
- The vehicles in traffic comply with the following distance.
- Vehicles such as ambulance or police cars, that have traffic priorities, are available in the program.
- Speeding limits are available according to road types. (Urban, Country, Highway)
- Traffic conditions can be changed to less traffic, normal and dense traffic depending on the state of training.
- Reflex development
- Vehicles in traffic violate the traffic rules to a particular extend. Because of these traffic violations the trainee is able to develop reflexes and train his perception.
- Training scenarios
- The scenario in which the trainee is trained is recorded.
- The scenarios, that the trainee should participate in, can be followed.
- The data arising during the training scenario is recorded.
- There are different city scenarios.
- There is an uphill training.
- There is a training with uphill/downhill inclined roads.
- There are highway driving scenarios.
- Parking training is available.
- There are tracks for steering training.
- Intercity driving training is available.
- Inner-city driving training is available.
- The left, right and rear view mirror are available in the program with real-life viewing angles. The trainee can drive the car while controlling the mirrors.
- Vehicles coming from behind, left or right can be controlled via the mirrors.
- The trainee can use the mirrors while parking the car.
- The distance rates of other vehicles and objects seen in the mirrors suit the actual distance.
- Weather Conditions
- Driver's training in sunny weather is available.
- The trainee can choose driver's training in rainy weather.
- Wiper arms are available in the program and these operate integrated with the equipment.
- Driver's training in snowy weather is available.
- Driver's training in foggy weather is available.
- Training duration and monitoring
- The trainee can obtain training with the simulator for a predetermined time.
- The obtained trainings, training dates and durations are being recorded.
- The trainings that have to be obtained are specified in advance.
- If training is missing, the system automatically gives out a warning.
- Training Time
- The applicant can train any time of the day.
- The night and day conditions are simulated via the program.
- Audible Alerts
- As soon as the ignition key is turned, the engine sound is clearly heard.
- The sound of the engine increases or decreases depending to the pressure applied to the gas pedal.
- Engine sounds and audio alters of other vehicles in traffic are present.
- Sounds of vehicles such as ambulance or police cars, that have traffic priorities, are available in the program.
- When the horn is pushed on the equipment a sound is available.
- Signal sounds are available when used.
- Sounds of vehicles such as ambulance or police cars, that have traffic priorities, are available in the program.
- Special sound effects are available in case of drifting, sudden braking or an accident.
- Instructive and informative audio alters for the trainee are available in the program.
- Nature sounds such as rain are available.
- Measurement and evaluation criteria.
- The system scores and evaluates according to the evaluation criteria of Annex 3 and Annex 4 of the specified instructions.
- The following specified criteria have to be measured and recorded during the simulation training in order to be later recorded.
- Using the horn beyond its purpose
- Lane-change error
- Roadway violation
- Shift the gear to neutral while driving
- Engine forcing
- Violation of following distance
- Stepping on the gas while the gear is in neutral
- Cranking the engine while the engine is running
- Hitting the dummies on the training field
- Violation of traffic lights
- Not wearing the seat belt
- Changing lanes without indicating it
- Cut the engine
- Violate stop signs
- Sudden breaking
- Laying rubber
- Stepping on gas and break at the same time
- Entering the opposite direction
- The measurement and evaluation criteria are scored which determine the training score. This way the different trainings can be compared and the changes in the level of success can be measured.
- All data recorded during the simulation can be monitored via the name, surname or T.R. identification number.
- All training data can be reported if desired.
- All reports can be printed on A4 paper sheets.
- The training data can be analyzed graphically.
- All data obtained during the simulation can be analyzed, reported and examined.
- Remote surveillance
- The training of the applicant can be viewed by the trainer from another computer.
- The remote control system is working over a local network.
- The simulator can be controlled via a remote system.
- VISUAL SYSTEM
The XV-CH01 Driving training simulator can be used with 1 monitor, 3 monitors, a one projector or three projector system. Visual system options are listed below.
1920 x 1080
40’’ x 40’’ x 40’’ LED
5760 x 1080
- Electronic Control Unit
- Car Cocpit
- Adjustable Driver Seat
- VW Brand Real Car Steering Wheel
- VW Brand Steering Column
- Seat belt (lockable and adjustable)
- Display Panel (all the indicators and lights are working in line with the software)
- Ignition Switch (VW brands featured starter key slot and 3 key stage)
- Brake pedal
- Throttle pedal
- Clutch pedal with gearbox control unit
- Horn sytem
- VW Signal arm
- VW light control switch
- VW Viper arm ( 1 automatic / 4 stage )
- 40''x40''x40'' LED or 32” LED or 32” LED 2×19” LED ya da 3×32” LED
- LCD Monitor Mounting Toolkit
- Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Simulator Computer
- 2×1 Creative Sound System
- Sizes : 1 Wooden Box 1310*810*1110 mm
- Weight : 90kg